2. The European Commission has updated the EU control list of Dual-Use Items (Annex I to Council Regulation (EC) No 428/2009). The EU control list was last amended by Regulation (EU) No 388/2012 in June 2012 and this amendment reflected decisions made by the multilateral export control regimes through until the end of 2010.
3. This update incorporates some 400 changes as a result of decisions made by the multilateral export control regimes in 2011, 2012 & 2013. These changes include the addition of new controls, removal of some controls, changes to certain technical parameters and other amendments.
4. The update to the Regulation has been communicated to the European Parliament and Council, and provided there are no objections it will come into force on 31 December 2014.
5. More detailed information:
- Commission Notice
- Commission Delegated Regulation
- Annex to the Commission Delegated Regulation
What does this mean for me as an exporter?
6. This comprehensive change note can be used by exporters, along with the Annex, can help you to determine whether the change affects you.
7. The attached PowerPoint file gives a headline summary of the changes by Category.
8. Relevant Open General Export Licences will be updated accordingly.
9. General guidance on the application of controls on Dual-Use goods can be found on the ECO website.